Thursday, January 13, 2011

Belgrano and a birthday in Buenos Aires

It was Jackie's birthday today! But before the celebration began... we all went to our classes. In my class we talked about the difference between northern countries and southern countries of the world. We talked about the treatment of the poor. I really feel like everyone's Spanish is progressing regardless of class level. My southern accent is beginning to fade and the real Argentinian speaker has come out!

In the afternoon we took a tour through Belgrano, and saw a super cool museum of Spanish art. Everyone took a lot of pictures in the beautiful garden. We also saw Chinatown and heard about some interesting history between the Chinese and Argentinian people. I also ate the most fantastic ice cream at Freddo, and it was life-changing good. I've had so much fun getting to know everyone in our group!

Today was awesome! I look forward to seeing the museum of Eva Peron tomorrow!

--Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment